Friday, March 5, 2010

First day of Eurotrip

So today / yesterday has been so exhausting. I finished packing about 2:30  IMG_0374Thursday, left from AU on a shuttle to ATL, left Atlanta at 8-ish. Flew on a 8 hour flight to London, watched Couples Retreat on the plane and only got like 45 minutes of sleep, yuck. Then I started feeling plane-sick IMG_0375or something, but the stewardesses were helpful!  I enjoyed British Airways because we got our own TV with newer movies, TV, and CDs, etc, and that’s always fun.  Also got a little goody pack of toothbrush, toothpaste, eye covers for sleep, and socks and a pillow and blanket. Glorious.  Landing in London was completely awesome.  The houses were so cute, and it was such a big city.  We saw the huge ferris wheel from the plane also. London Eye Very cool!

We got to London about 11:00 AM London time on Friday, sat in the airport, which was a pretty cool airport, for about 4 hours, I tried some sushi at a little place in the airport (Itsu)– not bad, but I tried this orange zing drink with it, and no thanks! VeryIMG_0382 intense flavor and ZING. Then we boarded the flight to Lyon, France.  That flight was only about an hour and a half, but I got to sleep that whole time… much needed.  We landed in Lyon about 5:30 or so Lyon time, then boarded a bus and headed to the hotel.  It took probably almost an hour to get here, but it was a lot of fun to see the sites on the way.  A lot of people with dogs, a smashed mirror because the people drive so close together, interesting stuff. Here’s our hotel. The Mercure Lyon.  It’s nice!

We met in the hotel restaurant at 8 and had dinner, Appetizer: small salad + bread + chicken liver patty things. Yes. Not only did we have that for the appetizer… I tried it, not once, but twice… but that’s about all I could handle. Our main course was salmon on rice—which I never eat salmon, I don’t really prefer it, but it was pretty good, plus I was hungry.  Dessert was the best part of all, this like layered chocolate thing with this raspberry sauce. Hard to describe the deliciousness of it, but it was the best part of the meal! Anyways, it is now 10:30 Fri night, France time , 3:30 pm in Alabama, and I have to go catch up on my sleep. We get a tour of Lyon tomorrow, and some free time in the afternoon, so hopefully I can get some shopping in!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

ZING! haha! take a 1.4576 million pictures for me to look at!

Post a Comment