Friday, February 11, 2011

Feeling Better

Today has been pretty good so far for Mom.  We got the prescriptions yesterday, and so far they have helped.  I was told to record when I give her the medicine and what her pain level is on a scale of 1-10.  That’s really been the main problem this week is the pain, and I hate to see her hurting. Before the medicine she said 7/10, and this morning it was down to a 2/10, so that is great.

We got the equipment delivered yesterday evening, and set up a nice bed in the living room so she can hang out with Rocky and I in the living room instead of being in her room.  She is loving it because it is adjustable so she is like 100 times more comfortable.  I slept in the living room with her last night, and she actually slept the whole night through (minus the DOGS barking at some car turning around in the cul-de-sac)! 

She ended up eating the chicken noodle soup yesterday and last night, and she enjoyed it.  Rocky and I ordered Pizza Hut (his second favorite restaurant, next to Zaxby’s – haha). 

Rocky and I were talking about eyesight the other night, and he was pretty much telling me laser surgery is a good idea because “it’s better in the long-run”, which he also said “I don’t know why Mom doesn’t get her leg fixed, because that will help her in the long run.”  Then I told him – “Well it’s a little more serious than that now”… “It’s more internal now, and that’s not really a good sign.”  So I think he’s getting the picture without me laying everything out there, and telling him straight up.

Also, when had the equipment delivered yesterday, Rocky was more than helpful without me having to ask.  He helped me sheet the bed, and get pillows, and he took a spin in the wheelchair to “test it out” for mom. Worked perfectly!  He asked why we couldn’t just keep the stuff from when dad was sick, but I said well we had no idea we would need it again.  Sad smile He’s been a really good sport throughout all of this.  I think as long as he has his mind off of things he is fine, well – he acts fine.

Our nurse, Ruth, from Covenant came today.  She was super sweet, and is going to be very helpful throughout all of this.  She tested mom’s vitals, and the only thing weird was her blood pressure – both numbers were a little low, but Mom said that has happened in the past in the doctors offices.

Mom ate some chicken and dumplings from Kitty’s today, thanks to Sheryl and Boudreaux.  Moni and Poppa also came to visit and brought Valentines cards and a rose.  Very pretty! She is also trying to keep up with her soap opera “All My Children” and she watched the whole episode today during lunch.

Photo Feb 11, 2 49 05 PMPhoto Feb 11, 2 49 38 PM

My boyfriend Greg is on the way down from Auburn this weekend to visit, and I’m so excited to see him. We are going to Rocky’s basketball game tonight while Donna and Kelly come to stay with Mom.  Thank you all for the sweet e-mails and texts, it’s amazing how much support is really out there.  I’m responding to everyone, but it may take a while because I’ve been short on time. But truly THANK YOU! I think I have added everyone that has asked to be on the mailing list for when this is updated.  If you didn’t get the e-mail this time though or want to be added, please let me know – whitney0149@gmail.com

Also we received some beautiful flowers from John, Kathy, Hunter & Hannah and a candle from Traci, Jeff, Chris and Ben.  Thank y’all so much!!

Photo Feb 11, 2 49 18 PMPhoto Feb 11, 2 59 23 PM

Mom is taking a nap right now, because our day has been a little busy, and she hasn’t had a chance to really take a good nap yet today.  I’ve been telling her about all the love you guys have showed us, and it’s nice to see that smile on her face.  Hopefully I’ll update tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment