Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend

Last night was pretty slow.. Donna and Kelly came over to stay with Mom while Greg and I went to Rocky's basketball game. We got back and she had just been sleeping the whole time we were gone. Which is fine, because she needs her rest..and when she is sleeping or napping, she is not feeling any pain.

Greg has been helpful, it is so nice to have him around if only for the weekends. He has been entertaining Rocky and he made a run to Shake's in Foley to get us all concretes and Rocky a milkshake. They were delicious, Mom got a strawberry concrete and ate a little bit of it, but she really enjoyed it! Also, Greg made her smile a few times by acting goofy, and her smiling has been pretty rare the past few days.

The bed in the living room I put right beside the couch so Koda is there on the couch beside her all the time. He's tried to get in the bed with her but theres not enough room.  Last night she went to bed at around 10, and Rocky slept in the living room with her this time.  I had the idea to use Mom and my iPhone 4's with FaceTime and set them up on docks beside each of our beds for the whole night, just in case she needed anything throughout the night. She was actually fine again the whole night even though I was paranoid the whole time and would check on her every noise I heard! I got up at about 6:30 to take Shug out and she got up soon after.

We got her out of her bed and she sat in the wheelchair for a bit but was pretty groggy this morning.  She was in pain when she first woke up so I gave her her morning medicine.  She hasn't complained of pain since, so it is still working well.  She ate some Jell-O bright and early and I turned on the movie Sweet Home Alabama and she stayed up to watch the whole thing.  She then took a nice nap for a few hours, and woke up in pain again.  Greg and Rocky made a trip to Target and Chick-fil-A to pick up some lunch. She ate a couple of nuggets and she loves their lemonade, so she's still working on that.

She has been pretty out of it today, just sort of shaking her head yes and no to questions I ask her. She has talked a little bit but it has been very softly, and she gets kind of confused sometimes.. I read her a Valentine's card from Moni and I got a good smile from her.  I've tried to tell her about everyone that has contacted me, and that makes her happy as well.

She has had one good nap today and is working on another right now.  Rocky has been entertained by Greg today. They went outside to throw the football not long ago, and then Jake and family picked him up to go see the Harlem Globetrotters with the basketball team, so they will have fun tonight. Boudreaux and Margie offered to come over and stay with mom so Greg and I could get out of the house and go have dinner tonight.

Really, I'm counting down the hours until Monday gets here because the doctor is going to come and drain the fluid that has been building up around her stomach.  She is very bloated because of it and I know once it gets drained she will be very relieved. Dad had to have fluid drained twice a week when he was sick and he always felt better after he had that done.

The days have been pretty long recently, but I'm getting through it with all the love that's been sent our way!

Thank you all,

Love,

Whitney

Photo Feb 12, 4 45 28 PM

Tojo & Koda – 2 tired dogs

Photo Feb 12, 4 58 18 PM

Me, Rocky, and Mom in Flagstaff, AZ last month

0 comments:

Post a Comment