Thursday, February 10, 2011

So far today

So the Covenant hospice people came today at 9:30.  We met the admissions lady and a social worker.  They went over everything we need to know about the whole process and were very helpful – and will continue to be.  We are expecting to receive some equipment today from them that may make mom more comfortable, which is her main problem right now – she just can’t get comfortable.  She has had a little bit of a hard time making it from the bedroom to the living room, like she needs time to stop and rest while she is walking.  A walker or wheelchair will definitely help that.

They also prescribed a few medicines that hopefully will be able to calm the pain she is having.  I slept in the room with her last night to make sure she didn’t need anything throughout the night.  She really did have a hard time falling asleep, she would sit up every once in a while to drink water, and try again to get in a more comfortable position.  I just can’t imagine how she is feeling right now.  She ended up going to sleep around 12:30 or 1:00 and slept until about 7, which is when I got up. 

She’s eating some right now, she had some Jell-O and some Coke a little bit earlier.  I’m about to go offer her some chicken noodle soup our neighbor Margie brought over yesterday – Thank you! She already talked about how good it is!  Hopefully she’ll be in the mood to eat some!

Koda (our 4 year old golden-doodle) has been SO sweet throughout all of this.  He’s ALWAYS been attached to mom since we got him, and never leaves her side.  He is constantly waiting outside of whichever room she is in for her to come out, and he get SOO excited when he gets to go and see her.  He sleeps with her every night, and is such a good dog!

IMG_0696

Mom, Koda, Tojo, and Rocky – before the Iron Bowl this past year.

If you want to stay updated when I make a post on the blog let me know.  E-mail me at whitney0149@gmail.com, and I think I can have it send e-mails when its updated.  Also I think if you click the “Follow” button in the upper left hand corner it may update you (I’m not too sure though).  Again, I have her phone most of the time with me, so if you want to send her a message my number is 251-978-6600, and again, texting or e-mailing is better and a lot EASIER [than calling]…

Thank you all already for all of the thoughts and prayers, I have already had many thoughtful messages.  Y’all are truly great.

Will update tonight or tomorrow again..

**LOVE**

Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment