Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mom’s Condition

So, I thought this may be an easier way to share news about mom with everyone at the same time… Here’s the initial story:

Mom has been feeling very tired and lethargic for the past two weeks or so, and we thought it may have something to do with the flu.  She was due for a scan to see how her cancer was doing, and if the recent Chemo treatments have been working on Friday the 4th  I took her in, and we found out the results yesterday…

Not good news…

She has been feeling so bad because her liver is basically failing.  The cancer has pretty much taken over her liver, and there are also signs of it in her abdomen.  She has tried seven different types of Chemo, and the doctor said there’s really nothing else they can do, the Chemo would only make her weaker, and she doesn’t need to be weak right now.  She’s already weak enough really..

Some good news is that she actually has some sort of appetite – the doctor said he really didn’t think she would at this point.  Donna, Moni, and Poppa brought over a BBQ lunch today, and she ate some pork along with some chips.

He gave her a timeline of about 1-3 months. .. Sad smile

The Hospice people are coming tomorrow to run some tests and find out what kind of medication she needs to be on.  Hopefully they can remove some fluid from her stomach, because it is building up a little, and I think that is what is making her so uncomfortable when she comes in the living room with Rocky and me. 

About Rocky: I told him last night that Mom was pretty sick right now, and he said he knows.  I said her liver is not doing very good, but I haven’t really gone into details about what that REALLY means… it’s going to be hard for me to break that to him—I don’t think it has sunk in for me..

I will update this tomorrow, and hopefully often with news because this is easier than talking to people individually.  Also, TEXTING me is easier than talking, because I get kind of shaken up really talking about it.  Also, I have her phone on me a lot of the time, because she doesn’t really feel like talking to people either especially about the subject matter, but I can relay all messages to her.  My number is (251)978-6600, and my e-mail is whitney0149@gmail.com and they both go instantly to my phone.  I’m also managing her e-mail – not that she can’t do any of these things – I just know she doesn’t really want to. 

Love ya’ll! I will update tomorrow, so check back.

I’ll include cute pictures to lighten the mood:

Photo Feb 09, 6 40 08 PM

Rocky, Tojo , and Shug (the PUPPY) – he’s gotten a little big!

 

1 comments:

Courtney said...

My mom and I are here if ya'll need ANYTHING at all! We love you!

Post a Comment